Fabby Followers

Thursday 29 September 2016

Door cutting Die Set - Polkadoodles Crafting

There has been lots of excitement in my craft room this week with the arrival of Nikky's lovely brand new dies
Today I am sharing with you a little Christmas card using the lovely
versatile collection

You actually get 4 dies in this set an absolute steal at £5.99
You can literally make so much from this set placing windows where you like, maybe you don't want windows , you could turn them into panels?
I knew in my head the type of door I wanted to create but as I was using the die cuts I could see so much more fun to had with these beauties!
Did you see my blog yesterday ? Where I used the Super Sprigs die?
(find my post here if you missed it)
Well I have used it again on my door card - more about that in a bit.
I matted up a 6x6 card blank with some lovely red card stock cut at 5.5 x 5.5 ( cutting the letterbox and handle in the same)  then using some white hopsack cardstock (new from Papermill Direct = Lush) 
I added some vellum for the windows
and using Memento Love Letter ink stamped the number and sentiment
As I wanted the door to open I place a tiny white pearl in the handle center
I added the fun little robin from Twiggy and Toots Festive Fun

Behind the door is a lovely tree from Frosted Winter Collection
And on the door front I have added a little wreath, which has been cut using the
cut onto lovely sparkly card
A few red festive berries using liquid pearls
How cute is that!
Thank you for looking
xx
I would like to enter into
ABC Christmas Challenge - Christmas - T is for Two - two die sets 
Christmas at Sweet Stampin'  - Christmas Die Cuts 
Double D Challenges  - Trees (Photo Inspiration)
Fab 'n' Funky -  Christmas
Inspiration Destination - Always Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp -  Anything Goes
Create With TLC - Anything Goes

16 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Jan this is such a fun and delightful Christmas creation. Love the birdie. This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

maria f. said...

Adorable. Just love that wreath in white.

Darlene said...

OMG what an adorable creation! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘TREES’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Diane said...

Super cute card, and so pretty, too! Thank you for joining Double D for our 'trees' challenge!
Diane DD DT

Caryn said...

Such cool cards - I love how you used the door die.
Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn x

Chris said...

Lovely design, great use of your fab die cuts and the little robin is adorable. Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, love the dies and the cute robin.

Sylv xx

What I Created Next said...

Best door ever ever ever. Love the surprise behind it too and that card from papermill is gorgeous xx

Lou Sims said...

Fabulous card and adore the wreath on the door. Can I put an order in for a full sized version? x

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how cute! What a great die set! Love the robin outside and the tree inside, too. So adorable! Thanks for sharing in our Trees Challenge at Double D!

The Little Stamper said...

I recognised this instantly.......a) because I am an avid follower of your work and b) I love the dies that Nikyk has just released. :-)

A great job as always and a fabulous Christmas card!

Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week.

Sharon x

Julie B said...

That looks like a fab die set, so versatile.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

Peggy T. said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the little bird and the tree behind the door.Thank you for sharing with us at the Mod Squad Challenge.

Peggy T.
DT Member

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card, the little bird is adorable and I love how the door opens to reveal the tree, a lovely design! very cute :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Dorte said...

Lovely white Christmas card with a great design...cute little bird ;)
Thank you for entering our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge and I hope you will join us for the next letter.
Dorte x

Unknown said...

What a fun and interactive card! So lovely! Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
Kamila DT

Dolly Dimples Decoupage - Part 11

  Hi and welcome back to my blog, I am still in Christmas crafting mode, and will be for the next couple of weeks Now who doesn't love o...